YHANO aims to provide a range of educational and awareness raising opportunities for those commissioning service provision, development and change. We also provide tailor made educational opportunities for those working within the field of long term neurological conditions.
Our last neurological study day took place on 25 April 2016 in Doncaster and was extremely well received.
Our education events are aimed at non specialist health and social care staff wishing to gain more knowledge about individual neurological conditions and good practice in helping individuals manage their symptoms.
The events include the opportunity to participate in a range of condition specific workshops and visit a range of information stands provided by neurological third sector organisations. Representatives from these organisations will be on hand to enable participants to discuss issues and seek advice.
We have experience of working with others to develop education events to suit their needs. If you would like to discuss the possibility of YHANO developing an educational opportunity for your organisation, please contact us here.
YHANO previous events
We have worked with North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group to plan and deliver a neurological education day aimed at local hospital, community, practice and voluntary sector nurses, dental practitioners, professional therapists and care professionals followed by an evening event aimed at General Practitioners and Primary Care healthcare professionals. The events include presentations from Neurological Consultants and specialist nurses plus dissemination of the CCG Neurology Service Review.
Previous education events have included a focus on symptom management, end of life issues and role of third sector in engaging service users in service development. We have also been approached to contribute towards GP protected learning time events regarding the service user perspective
Delegate feedback from previous events includes:
- “Brilliant one stop opportunity to network” (NHS staff member – Hull)
- “I gained a lot of knowledge about how I could tackle the difficulties encountered in care” (Nursing home staff member – Harrogate)
- “This is an important day for people working with patients who have neurological problems” (PCT Commissioner)
- “Very informative, the workshops were well organised and it was a great opportunity to network and make new contacts” (OT – Rotherham)
- “My Care Manager and I both got a lot of useful information from the workshops and the stalls”. (Independent care provider – Leeds)
- “Thank you from our staff for organising the study day. We learnt a lot and enjoyed ourselves” (Clinical Lead Continuing Care – Bradford)
To view details of recent education events, select from the list below: