Myaware supports people affected by Myasthenia, increases public and medical awareness of the condition, and raises funds for research and support staff.
The organisation’s aim is to make life easier for sufferers and their families by providing information, advice and support. Members have free access to the Myaware resource centre which includes advice on everything from the latest medical developments and treatments to how to negotiate the benefits system.
People affected by Mysasthenia can also get in touch with other members who understand through the local Support Groups run by volunteers.
In Yorkshire and the Humber there are five Support Groups:
- Leeds & District covering Leeds, Harrogate, Knaresborough and Ripon
- York covering all YO postcode areas
- Brighouse covering Huddersfield, Halifax, Brighouse, Bradford and Wakefield
- Hull covering all HU postcodes
- South Yorkshire covering Rotherham, Barnsley, parts of Doncaster, Sheffield
For further details please contact: