Update from the last YHANO meeting (4 April 2018)
Priority 1 – working collaboratively to engage key regional strategic partners
- YHANO is planning to find out more about the services hospices across Yorkshire and the Humber provide for people with neurological conditions. It will help us to identify and hopefully spread good practices and innovative ideas.
- A further meeting with YHANO and Mid Yorkshire Hospital Trust is being planned to get an update on the Trust’s plans for neurology and particularly the retirement of Professor Al Din.
- We are going to try and engage the Sustainable Transformation Partnerships across the region to raise concerns about patchy or poor neuro rehabilitation (or neuro enablement) services and mental health support for people with neurological conditions.
- Members are engaged with consultations past and forthcoming including North East Lincolnshire CCG in March and an audience with Rotherham CCG in early May.
- One member is involved in the integrated personalised commissioning pilots in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire including a focus on neuro disability.
- There is still no date for the North Lincolnshire neurology review.
- Members have set up a new evening drop in peer support group for people with neurological conditions in York. The first NeurOK session is at the Sunflower Centre, St Leonard’s Hospice from 6pm on Thursday 26 April.
- Rotherham integrated equipment and wheelchair services – the CCG is looking for a new provider as Rotherham Hospital service is withdrawing from the contract. We are encouraging people to fill in the short survey to share what has worked well: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/Equipmentusersurvey/.
- York and North Yorkshire wheelchair and equipment forum is looking for new members. For more information contact 01904 555 870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority 2 – providing neurological education for health and social care practitioners
- The proposed education day run in partnership with EMANO (the East Midlands alliance) is still being planned.
- An education event with Lincolnshire County Council is planned for 2019.
- We are planning an education session for social care and care staff in Calderdale for June/July 2018.
Priority 3 – YHANO as a virtual network
- The National Neurological Alliance has now set up regular phone catch ups as well as a north and south meeting. The last meeting was on Thursday 15 March and the next is on Thursday 27 September from 11am – 2pm at St George’s Centre, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3DL.
Date of the next YHANO meeting
Monday 4 June, 10am – 12.30pm, Holiday Inn Doncaster (in the cafe)