Update from the last YHANO meeting (5 March 2019)
Priority 1 – working collaboratively to engage key regional strategic partners
- Mid Yorkshire update – no progress as the contact at Healthwatch Wakefield has left. A meeting with a new contact is arranged for March.
- Humber Coast and Vale neuro pathways review – Jane attended the first engagement event in Goole in February. The event was discussing neurology, stroke and neuro rehab and further events are planned in early March. The results of the consultation will be shared in time.
- Emotional support / STP strategies – All STPs have to produce new 5 year strategies by September. None of the Yorkshire and the Humber STPs mention neurology in their strategies, but there may be an opportunity to stress neurology needs under other priorities including mental health.
- Local mental health services – YHANO will continue to engage with mental health services to find out more about the services for people with neurological conditions and offer awareness sessions for staff. So far we have met Rotherham and Hull services with meetings planned in North and North East Lincolnshire.
Priority 2 – providing neurological education for health and social care practitioners
- Very successful neuro awareness events have been held with Sheffield City Council social care team and Bradford mental health team.
- Further sessions are arranged with mental health teams in Rotherham, Hull, North and North East Lincolnshire as well as other social care teams in Sheffield.
- Plans for 2019 are to continue to offer awareness sessions to social care and mental health teams across Yorkshire and the Humber. We will also offer similar sessions for care home groups as appropriate.
- There is also a long term conditions event in Lincolnshire planned for June.
Priority 3 – YHANO as a virtual network
- The National Neurological Alliance is meeting in Leeds on Thursday 21 March.
Date of the next YHANO meeting
Tuesday 4 June, 10am – 12.30pm, Holiday Inn Doncaster (in the cafe). All welcome.