Update from the last YHANO meeting (5 June 2017)
We welcomed Helen Hills from The Brain Tumour Charity to the meeting, a relatively new YHANO member. Helen talked about the work of the charity which focuses on research, awareness and support. Find out more on the Brain Tumour Charity page.
Priority 1 – working collaboratively to engage key regional strategic partners
- A follow up meeting with YHANO and Mid Yorkshire Hospital Trust is being planned to learn more about the Trust’s vision for neurology and plans to re-develop its service after a number of neurologists left in 2016.
- We are still awaiting an update on the neurology review for the West Yorkshire and Harrogate STP area.
- The rountable discussion on MS in the Humber, Coast and Vale STP area went well and has led to further discussions about the development and workforce planning for the southern part of the area (Hull, East Riding, North and North East Lincolnshire) led by one of the Hull neurologists.
Priority 2 – providing neurological education for health and social care practitioners
- The proposed education day run in partnership with EMANO (the East Midlands alliance) will go ahead in Spring 2018.
- Contact has been made with a number of CCGs to offer that YHANO will run an education day for health and social care staff. Doncaster CCG has requested intput into an education day in January 2018. Contact with other CCGs and local authorities will be made.
Priority 3 – YHANO as a virtual network
- The date of the next Northern Neurological Alliance meeting has been rescheduled and will now be on 11 July in Leeds.
Date of the next meeting
Monday 4 September, 10am – 1pm, Holiday Inn Doncaster (in the cafe)