Update from the last YHANO meeting (4 December 2017)
Priority 1 – working collaboratively to engage key regional strategic partners
- A follow up meeting with YHANO and Mid Yorkshire Hospital Trust is being planned to feedback views on the Trust’s vision for neurology with a suggestion to consult people with neurological conditions working in partnership with Healthwatch Wakefield.
- Members attended two consultation meetings for the West Yorkshire and Harrogate STP area. The planned review of neurology is now on hold and members raised awareness of issues facing people with neurological conditions and the need for work to improve support.
- Members are engaged with the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw STP area and its plans to develop an accountable care system.
- So far there has been no formal engagement by the Humber, Coast and Vale STP.
- The North Lincolnshire neurology review has been delayed and we are waiting for a new date.
- A number of organisations are working together in York to develop a neurological conditions wellbeing drop in in partnership with St Leonard’s Hospice. The aim is to launch something in spring 2018.
Priority 2 – providing neurological education for health and social care practitioners
- The proposed education day run in partnership with EMANO (the East Midlands alliance) is still being planned.
- The planned GP training with Doncaster CCG has been put on hold.
- Parkinson’s UK and the MS Society are running a GP education event with Vale of York CCG on 25 January.
- An education event with Lincolnshire County Council is planned for October/November 2018.
Priority 3 – YHANO as a virtual network
- The National Neurological Alliance has now set up regular phone catch ups as well as a north and south meeting. The latest phone conference was on 10 January and the next meeting is on Thursday 15 March from 11am – 2pm at St George’s Centre, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3DL.
Date of the next YHANO meeting
Monday 5 March, 10am – 12.30pm, Holiday Inn Doncaster (in the cafe)